If you have been seriously considering a complete overhaul where your smile is concerned, you should start by browsing the smile gallery of an Anderson area dentist. Whether it’s online or in a book in the dental office, the smile gallery gives you an idea as to what can be done to rejuvenate and reinvent your smile. Before and after photos of smile makeovers can open your eyes to the wonderful works of cosmetic dentistry, but what tools will the dentist use to make it happen?
What tools will the dentist use for your smile makeover?
Smile makeovers are exciting for you and quite enjoyable for the dentist. Each smile is so uniquely individual that the dentist must have access to a wide variety of tools to design the look that is right for you. Below, you’ll find a list of the most popular tools and clinical procedures:
● Digital x-rays and photos- Digital imaging enables the dentist to fully evaluate the intricate details about your smile and document your progress.
● Cosmetic braces- Using clear or removable braces to move the teeth into their ideal arrangement is a conservative way to create a brand new smile.
● Dental implants- Filling gaps with permanent replacement teeth fills out your smile, balances your bite, and improves your facial profile.
● Ceramic crowns- The proper shape and function broken down teeth, weak teeth, and unsightly old fillings can be regained with tooth-colored ceramic crowns that completely cover all surfaces of the teeth. These are also known as ‘caps’ for the teeth.
● Porcelain veneers- Transforming the shape, size, and color of the teeth that show when you smile can be accomplished with these custom-designed restorations that cover the front side and biting edges of the front teeth.
● Professional Teeth whitening- This is a popular and safe method of erasing stains and discoloration from the enamel to reveal a smile that is brighter and more attractive.
● White fillings- Cavities can be treated with tooth-colored fillings that won’t show when you smile. These fillings can also be used when you want to replace your old or deteriorating silver fillings.
Consult a dentist in the Anderson SC area today to learn more about which tools will be used to create your new and improved smile.